Your Lifestyle Newborn Session
Your newborn session is best when baby is 6-10 days old so please contact me as soon as you can after baby is born to schedule your session! I usually shoot newborns on weekdays at 10am and your session will last around 3-4 hours.
Here are some tips to prepare for your session:
1. Don't stress! We will get beautiful pictures of your baby and family. I have worked in all types of situations, and I will make beautiful images no matter the decor, light, or cleanliness of your house.
2. That said, declutter a little. Make the beds and clear off surfaces such as your night-tables and dressers. I prefer white, solid, and or neutral bedding if you have it. I will, most likely, be shooting in your master bedroom and the nursery.
3. Wear something simple. Simple white or cream, comfortable, well fitting clothing works best. Another option would be a black tee or nursing tank with black pants or jeans. Try not to dress yourselves or siblings in anything too fussy that would need a lot of adjusting. Simple comfortable clothing is best! Have a clean change of clothes on hand in case baby spits up on your clothing.
4. Baby can be dressed in a white onesie or a favorite swaddle blanket. I will bring some swaddle blankets too.
5. On the day of your session, open all the blinds in your home and the thermostat to about 78-80 degrees. It will be warm for us, but baby will be more comfortable and sleep better. I prefer sleepy babies for their newborn session. When newborns are awake they can be fussy and usually just want to eat. So try to keep them awake for a little while before your session time, so they will sleep better while I am there. Give them a good long feed and a good burp right before I am scheduled to arrive.
Feel free to message me anytime if you need help preparing for your session or if you have any questions! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on my facebook page.